Overview of Diploma in Quantity Surveying in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Malaysia
Educational Objectives for Diploma in Quantity Surveying programme are designed to ensure graduates are:
- Competent, creative and innovative in solving various problems in quantity surveying fields
- Communicate effectively with leadership skills and self-confidence while striving for career advancement through lifelong learning
- Uphold ethical values and contribute to the needs of organization and society by participating in various related activities
Introductory Academic English, Appreciation for Ethnics and Civilization / Malay Language for Communication 1, Construction Technology 1, Draughtsmanship, Introduction to Construction Measurement, Information Communication Technology, Intermediate Academic English, Science, Technology and Mankind, Building Services 1, Construction Technology 2, Construction Measurement 1, Principles of Economics, Principles of Law, Contract and Torts
Graduate Success Attributes, Construction Materials and Specifications, Construction Technology 3, Construction Measurement 2, Building Economics 1, Professional Practice 1, Engineering Survey, Building Services 2, Principles of Structure, Construction Measurement 3, Building Economics 2, Professional Practice 2
Industrial Training, Industrial Training and Topical Study, Co-Curriculum Service Learning, Measurement Project, Cost Estimating, Construction Law and Contract, Principles of Management in Construction
Graduates of the program:
- Can work as Technical Assistant / Assistant Quantity / Surveyor both government sector and private sector.
- May also continue to further their study in various disciplines related to Quantity Surveying such as Bachelor of Quantity Surveying, Bachelor of Construction, Bachelor of Building Surveying, Bachelor of Project Management etc in both local and overseas.