Overview of Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in SEGi UNIVERSITY Malaysia
Acquiring Doctor of Business Administration
In order to operate a business, acquiring knowledge in business administration is definitely a wise choice to establish your business fundamentals.
The programme shapes you to be all rounded, well informed and prepared to venture into the business world.
The Doctor of Business Administration by programme is a combination of coursework and research programme for management practitioners and professionals who are oriented towards making a significant contribution to practice and/or policy. Our modules emphasise interdisciplinary understanding and application of knowledge, crucial for management in a global perspective. SEGi DBA is a research-based degree at the highest-level business qualification attainable.
Considered as a strategic initiative in the Business School, it paves a way for senior managers to deepen their knowledge and skills to meet the intellectual and professional demands of organisations.
The overall aims of the programme is to:
- Provide significant contribution and enhancement of professional practice through the application of existing knowledge and theoretical frameworks.
- Focus on existing real business issues through critical review and systematic application of theory and research knowledge to professional practice.
- Provide significant opportunity for considerable personal development to achieve higher level effectiveness as a professional practitioner.
Entry Requirement of Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in SEGi UNIVERSITY Malaysia
|Applicants seeking admission to the DBA programme should:
- Have a MBA degree or equivalent from an approved University;
- Have 5 years’ full-time management or professional equivalent work experience which are deemed acceptable by the Graduate School of Business (GSB); and
- Submit a proposed research topic in an area acceptable to GSB.
|All applicants are expected to:
- Demonstrate a sound command of the English language, spoken and written.
- Provide evidence of having completed their previous Master & Honours degree in English.
- Submit proof of having achieved an IELTS overall test score of 6.5 or higher, and a written score of 6.5 or higher (foreign students).
- Provide a detailed curriculum vitae outlining their managerial/executive or teaching/ research experience.
All applicants must submit a 1,000 word outline of a proposed research topic as part of their admission application. The 1,000 word outline will be considered as an additional basis for assessing the applicants’ suitability for the programme, as well as the applicants’ proficiency in English.
Additionally, applicants may be required to attend a personal interview with the Dean prior to acceptance into the programme. The final decision concerning the eligibility and acceptability of qualifications and research areas for the DBA programme rests with GSB, SEGi University.
Career Prospects of Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in SEGi UNIVERSITY Malaysia
As graduates of this programme, you’re expected to make a key contribution to global business practices. Hence, the coursework relates to leadership, change, finance and process management, as well as research methodologies.