Overview of Doctor of Business Administration DBA in International University of Malaya Wales Malaysia
The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme comprises modules that emphasise the most cutting-edge qualities every business leader needs. It is the gateway to a network of global opportunities which will build upon the foundations of your individuality and career.
Your doctoral degree is a pathway to making a meaningful impact across industries and communities using sophisticated skills and advanced practices. At IUMW, our programme is designed to be rigorous and holistic. We ensure that each doctoral candidate pushes their competency boundaries to the fullest while learning unique problem-solving skills. With vastness of applications in the industry and exposure to the academic world of research and teaching, your DBA could turn out to be your life’s greatest accomplishment.
- Master's degree accepted by the HEP Senate or other qualifications as approved by the University Senate.
- Master's degree accepted by the HEP Senate and pass IELTS with band 6 or better, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 550
English Competency Requirements
All international students are bound to the English Competency requirement set by the University and the Malaysian Qualification Agency except those who are:
- From countries where English is the official language; OR
- From an academic institution which uses English as its main medium of instruction.
- Doctoral Research and Academic Writing
- Qualitative Research Design
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Visions for the Future – Contemporary Perspectives on Management
- Strategic Change and Organizational Dynamics
- Managing in Dynamic Environments: Strategies, Insights and Solutions
- Entrepreneurial Perspectives
- Visions for the Future – Contemporary Perspectives on Marketing
- Visions for the Future – Contemporary Perspectives on Accounting and Finance
- Management Consultancy
The programme has 11 modules including final year dissertation (which weighs 50% of credits). Assessments under the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme are varied; they are based on either full coursework (100%) or a combination of coursework and final examination. The most common combination to be found is 70% for coursework and 30% for final examination. Classes are held face-to-face, and include lectures and tutorials (offline and online). Our students are expected to demonstrate their understanding through several forms of assessments, including but not limited to discussions, essays, reports, presentations, projects and written tests.
Students are expected to undergo a minimum of three (6) long semesters over a span of 3 years. In the final semester, students must submit a complete Dissertation with a maximum of 60,000 words. At the end of the programme, students will have completed 80 credits.