Overview of Diploma in Computer Science in SEGi UNIVERSITY Malaysia
Diploma in Computer Science is a three-year study programme with a specialization in Data Science offered in collaboration with SAS Institute Inc., one of the world's leading data analytics software provider.
Data analytics has played a major role in most organisation's digital transformation story, more so with Industry 4.0 which represents the convergence of various data-driven technologies such as artificial intelligence, intelligent automation, and Internet of Things, enveloping the new global economy.
SEGi KL has formed a partnership with SAS Institute, with both parties agreeing to incorporate SAS technologies and curriculum into the diploma, and expose students to relevant analytic skills such as data collection, storing, analysing, managing, predicting and shaping to help organisations make informed business decisions.
The curriculum will equip them for Industry 4.0 through core subjects such as Big Data Technology and Management, Data Visualisation, Data Science Methodology, Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Introduction to Machine Learning.
- Collaboration with SAS Institute Inc./ one of the world's leading data analytics software provider
- The programmes are taught by experienced lecturers
- SAS' Joint Certificate in Introduction to Data Science is issued to graduates as special recognition for their ability in using and applying the SAS technologies to derive targeted business solutions
- Upon successful completion of the diploma, graduates will also earn a digital badge certifying their capabilities in analytics skills
- Students to undergo an Internship to expose them to the real working environment to prepare them for employment.
Entry Requirement of Diploma in Computer Science in SEGi UNIVERSITY Malaysia
i. Passed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O-Level with at least credits in 3 subjects which include Mathematics, or other equivalent passes; or
ii. Passed Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM), with minimum 1 C Grade (GP 2.00) in any subjects or other equivalent passes, with a credit in Mathematics in SPM or equivalent; or
iii. Passed Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with minimum 1 Maqbul Grade with credit in Mathematics in SPM or equivalent; or
iv. Passed Unified Examination Certification (UEC) with minimum B Grade in subjects including Mathematics; or
v. Passed Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 with credit in Mathematics in SPM or equivalent; or
vi. Passed Vocational Certification/Community College Certification in a related course, or equivalent, and
- Passed SPM with minimum 1 credit;
- Further study in related Diploma course; and
- 1 year working experience in related field or minimum 1 semester in transition programme; or
vii. Passed any equivalent qualification with certification (KKM, Level 3) with credit in Mathematics in SPM or equivalent; or
viii. Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
Candidate without credit in Mathematics in SPM or equivalent will still be considered if the Certificate programme contains a subject in Mathematics equivalent to the Mathematics subject in SPM. Candidate with credit in computer science in SPM or equivalent could be prioritised.