Duration: of Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons) in HELP University Malaysia
3.5 years (3 years 1 sem)
Courses of Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons) in HELP University Malaysia
GRADUATE EDU-CARER’S PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION
- In scope, the graduate EDU-CARER to-be begins a broad base journey that covers the development of the young child from birth to junior primary in a wide range of settings.
- Home, family and Community
- Care and Education Centres
- Formal and In-Formal Learning
- Special and Individual Needs
- The contents of study fulfil the minimum 120 credit hours required from 36 subjects, listed in Table 2 which are integrated, spiralling around the child as the subject of study with the primary aim of facilitating the balanced overall development of children during the early formative years.
- 26 Major ECE Courses
- 2 ECE Free Electives
- 1 Compulsory ECE Elective
- 2 Workplace Practicums in Nursery and Kindergarten
- 5 MPU Courses
- The Honours award is determined by five criteria, which are adhered to at the commencement of the programme.
- Credit Pass in 36 Subjects
- Second Year Performance in 7 Subjects
- Third Year Performance in 5 Subjects
- Performance in Two Practicums
- Performance in Third Year Independent Inquiry
Scope and Contents of Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons) in HELP University Malaysia
The 30 months programme is a study of 27 courses listed, which can be done in two years in accordance with MQA approval.
26 Major ECE Courses
2 ECE Free Electives
1 Compulsory ECE Elective
2 Workplace Practicums in Nursery and Kindergarten
5 MPU Courses
Assessment of Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons) in HELP University Malaysia
To reflect on the focus of the BECE (Hons) program on the qualified status of the educator and carer of young children, a range of assessment modes are carried out.
- Mid-term Test
- Final Examination
Several subjects that do not have examinations are assessed by an empirical based inquiry project.
Entry Requirements of Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons) in HELP University Malaysia
Applicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- HELP Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Business, Information Technology, Foundation in Arts or Science and other equivalent
Level passes in 2 subjects
with CGPA of 2.00
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
minimum B grade in 5 subjects
- CPU (Canadian Pre-University)
At least 5 passes with a minimum average of 50%
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM)/ Tertiary Entrance Education (TEE)
A university aggregate of 50%
- Equivalent Diploma, Foundation or Matriculation qualification
- International Baccalaureate
Minimum of 24 scores
- Victorian Certificate of Education
At least average of 50%
- Other equivalent qualification approved/accredited by Malaysian Qualification Agency.