Overview of BA (HONS) IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT in Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation Malaysia
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- An understanding of theories and concepts that underpin effective marketing and the practical skills required to start a career in marketing.
- Exposure to key areas including customer lifestyles and behaviour, customer values, marketing communications, international marketing, marketing decision-making and marketing management.
- A combination with other marketing and general business modules allowing students to gain a clear understanding of the vital role of marketing within the business context.
- Exposure to how the marketing discipline makes its impact in a variety of contexts.
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every business management professional, and the basic understanding of the context within which business operate - Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, People Management and Accounting. We will also expose them towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills and quantitative skills, independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that they will get a solid grounding in business management theories and practices.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Business Law
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain better understanding of functional management and business management, with specialised focus on Information (Research & Advertising), Electronic Marketing, Customer Relations and Creativity & Innovation. We will further nurture their independent learning to prepare them for the workplace and for further researches.
- Behavioral Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking in Management
- International Cultures and Communications
- Business Research Methods
- Marketing Intelligence and Research
- Integrated Marketing Communications 1
- B2B Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Delivering Customer Value
- Consumer Behaviour
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in marketing strategies, discovering new opportunities, exploiting competitive advantage and decision making processes, with aims to groom them as marketing specialist. A final year project requires them to explore a topic individually – they will demonstrate their academic and practical aspects of their ability in the chosen area of study.
- Brand Management
- Building Customer Relationship
- Global Marketing
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Investigations in Marketing Management
- Marketing Decision Making
- Marketing Management Project
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Retail Marketing Management
- Strategic Marketing Planning
|MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:
||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent
||• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or its equivalent.
||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC with a Pass in Mathematics and English.
||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0).
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:
||• Successful completion of the APU/APIIT Diploma or
• Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Level 1 of an Honours Degree (Subject to the approval of the APU/APIIT Academic Board)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• IELTS : 5.5
• TOEFL IBT : 46-59
• Pearson (PTE) : 42
• MUET : Band 4