|Study Mode||FULL TIME|
|Intake||18 Mar, 02 Aug,11 Oct|
Electrical and Electronic Engineering has rapidly penetrated into many diverse areas such as Power Generation and Distribution, Process Control and Automation, VLSI Design, Manufacturing and Computer Engineering. The present-day electrical and electronic industries demand highly skilled engineers and technicians to design, manufacture, commission and maintain the equipment. Our Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree programme provides an educational competence to match the requirements of modern-day industries. The availability of jobs for engineering graduates is at an all-time high.
Some of the exciting career opportunities both in government and private sectors include Operations, Maintenance, Designs, Research, Teaching and Project Management in areas such as Electrical power, Space systems, Electric Traction, Communication Systems, Antennas, Computers, Medical Instrumentation, Lasers and Electro-optics.
|MUET BAND 2|
|STPM/STAM or equivalent||Pass with grade C (GPA 2.00) in Mathematics and 1 related science subject.
Pass A-Level with a full pass in 2 subjects including Mathematics & Science.
(Internal requirement: pass equivalent to C)
|UEC||Pass with grade B in 5 subjects including
Mathematics & 1 related Science subject
|AIMST Foundation/ Recognized Foundation/ Matriculation||Pass with CGPA ≥ 2.0 and (internal requirement:
minimum grades C in Maths and Physics
(Grades C refers to C+, C).
(GP for Grade C must be at least 2.0)
|Diploma in Engineering/ Engineering Technology||Pass with CGPA ≥ 2.0|
|Diploma Vocational & Technical/ related skills||Pass with minimum CGPA ≥ 2.0|
|Other Equivalent Qualifications||Will be assessed and referred for approval on a case by case basis|
(2017 EAC POs)
– Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization as specified in WK1 to WK4 respectively to the solution of complex engineering problems.
– Identify, formulate, conduct research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences. (WK1 to WK4).
Design/Development of Solutions
|Design/Development of Solutions
– Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations. (WK5)
– Conduct investigation of complex engineering problems using research-based knowledge (WK8) and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern Tool Usage
|Modern Tool Usage
– Create, select and apply
appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering problems, with an understanding of the limitations. (WK6)
The Engineer and Society
|The Engineer and Society
– Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solutions to complex engineering problems. (WK7)
Environment and Sustainability
|Environment and Sustainability
– Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of professional engineering works in the solutions of complex engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts. (WK7)
– Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice. (WK7)
Individual and Team Work
|Individual and Team Work
– Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
– Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project Management and Finance
|Project Management and Finance
– Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life Long Learning
|Life Long Learning
– Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change