|Malaysian-April for Semester I intake, International-June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
To produce graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry degree who can understand and practise their knowledge effectively and ethically in the public sector and the biochemical industries locally or internationally by:
1. Producing graduates who possess a strong foundation in theory and practical knowledge in the field of biology to be applied in the various fields related to biochemistry.
2. Producing biochemistry graduates who constantly upgrade themselves in seeking, sharing and applying knowledge and skills in the general sciences and particularly in biochemistry through scientific, professional and ethical means for global development.
3. Producing biochemistry graduates with the intellectual imagination and the abilities to provide alternative proposals and creative solutions in respect of analysing issues and problems related to biochemistry.
4. Producing biochemistry graduates with the abilities to adapt and apply their biochemistry knowledge to stake a claim in employment, industries and society.
5. Producing biochemistry graduates who are able to communicate effectively and demonstrate the attitudes and ethics of a responsible citizen.
Many of our graduates follow industrial careers, particularly in the research and management areas of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food technology and agriculture. Similar opportunities exist for life scientists in government independent laboratories involved with medical research, public health, forensic investigation, parasitology and disease research.
In addition, graduates employers often offer employment to graduates of any discipline. The opportunity to study a breath of subjects within our degree courses means that, while many of our graduates go on to further study or employment in their chosen subject areas others enter the professions and a wide range of careers in industry, commerce and the media.
• National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here