Overview of Diploma In 3D Animation Design in UCSI University Malaysia
The Diploma in 3D Animation Design provides students with a solid foundation in the field of 3D Animation. Designed to foster a passion of lifelong learning and to groom students to be leaders in their professional career, the programme equips learners with fundamental competencies and technical skills in 3D Animation and the relevant interdisciplinary creative industries.
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments, among others.
Entry Rrquirements of Diploma In 3D Animation Design in UCSI University Malaysia
SPM/ SPMV/ O-Level
Minimum 3 Credits
Minimum 3 credits
Minimum grade C in 3 subjects
Level 3 in the related field and Pass in SPM with minimum 1 credit
Other Equivalent Qualification
Which are recognized by the Malaysian Government
Additional: Pass assessment / interview from Faculty
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students (Diploma)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 2 in MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum Band 5.0 in IELTS; or a minimum score of 500 in TOEFL (Paper based); or a minimum score of 40 in TOEFL (Internet based); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); or a minimum score of 42 in Pearson Test of English.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
Career Opportunities of Diploma In 3D Animation Design in UCSI University Malaysia
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of
- Advertising Agencies
- Multimedia Labs
- Design Studios
- Game Studios
- Post Production Studios
- Corporate Art Departments
- Television Network Stations
- Animation Houses
Courses Offered of Diploma In 3D Animation Design in UCSI University Malaysia
- Fundamental of Drawing I
- Fundamental of Painting
- Principles of Design
- History of Art & Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU-U4)
- Fundamental of Drawing II
- Study Skills and Employability (MPU-U2)
- Design Communication
- Business Communication
- Digital Imaging
- Digital Photography
- History of Animation
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- 2D Animation
- Digital Art
- 3D Modelling
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU-U4)
- Theory of Digital Animation
- 3D Animation
- Motion Graphics
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Audio Visual Technology
- Creative Portfolio Creation
- Ideation & Innovation
- Industry Placement
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
– For Malaysian students:
- Malaysian Studies
– For foreign students:
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2