Overview of Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (Hons) in KPJ Healthcare University College Malaysia
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Hons) is a 4-year homegrown programme offered by School of Nursing, KPJ Healthcare University College, Nilai Negeri Sembilan. It obtained an approval from the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE) on 24 October 2013 and the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) on 3 February 2014. The structure of the curriculum was guided by the Standard and Guidelines of the Nursing Board of Malaysia. The total number of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Hons) credit is 138.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing is accredited by the Malaysia Qualification Agency Ministry of Education Malaysia. Full accreditation for Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Hons) home-grown programme was obtained in October 2018. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible to take the Nursing Board Malaysia Licensure Examination for registered Nurses offered by the Nursing Board Malaysia.
Career Prospects of Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (Hons) in KPJ Healthcare University College Malaysia
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Hons) programme has been designed to prepare nurses for entry-level professional practice. The program structure enables the nursing graduates to be prepared for all types of hospital setting. Upon successful completion of the programme, students are eligible to sit for the Malaysian Nursing Board Examination to be licensed to practise as a Registered Nurse.
Entry Requirement of Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (Hons) in KPJ Healthcare University College Malaysia
- Pass STPM or *equivalent with CGPA ≥ 2.5 ; OR
- Pass A level Grade ≥ C in other 3 subjects; OR
- Pass Matriculation/Foundation with CGPA ≥ 2.50; OR
- Pass any Diploma with CGPA ≥ 2.5; OR
- Pass Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution by MNB with ≥ two (2) years clinical working experience.
Candidate who possess (1), (2), (3) or (4) MUST possess;
- Credit in 1 subject :
- Science/Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Applied Science at SPM or its equivalent.
- Credit in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional or Modern) at SPM or its equivalent
- MUET ≥ band 3 or IELTS ≥ 5.5 or TOEFL≥ (515/215/80) or Credit in English SPM
Similar as Malaysian candidate, AND must possess
- IELTS ≥ 5.5 or TOEFL ≥ 515 / 215 / 80; OR
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE); OR
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE) Pearson Test of English (PTE); OR