Overview of bsc hons in information technology with a specialism in network computing in Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation Malaysia
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- A specialised and focused emphasis on data communications and networking technologies.
- The skills and knowledge required to develop and critically evaluate network architectures and networked computing applications.
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networking and databases. Some specialised modules will provide them basic knowledge of security and computer forensics. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Programming with Python
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to Security and Forensic Technologies
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of network architectures and networked computing applications. They will gain solid understanding of programming skills needed in systems administration, network technologies, network design, and systems security. They will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Principles of Networks & Network Design
- System & Network Administration
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Switching Technologies
- Network Security
- Data Centre Infrastructure
- Web Applications
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of network computing and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will move further into in-depth understanding of network computing components, environments and techniques in appreciation of relevant issues. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem - they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
||Specialised & Option Modules
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Network Troubleshooting
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Advanced Wireless Technology
- Computer Systems Security
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Critical Issues in Managing IS in Organisations
- Investigations in Network Computing
- Network Computing Project
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in any subject with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM.
are equivalent to
12th Grade/A Level/HSC are accepted.
• 2 Passes in A-Level and with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or equivalent.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects including Mathematics.
• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent.
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:
|ICT RELATED DIPLOMAS
• Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• IELTS : 5.0
• TOEFL IBT : 35-45
• Pearson (PTE) : 36
• MUET : Band 3
- Network Analyst
- Network Consultant
- Systems Engineer
- Network Designer
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Network Engineer
- Management Information System (MIS) Manager
- Technical Support Manager
- Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
- System Network Consultant
- Data Centre Operator
- Network Administrator
- Network Planning Specialist
- Network Defense Analyst