Overview of Master in Sustainable Development Management in Sunway University Malaysia
The Master in Sustainable Development Management (MSDM) at the Jeffrey Sachs Center aims to create a new generation of multidisciplinary practitioners adept at management and problem-solving using analytics and systems thinking guided by global concerns. The programme aims to equip students with necessary management skills and acumen to create innovative solutions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It encompasses corporate sustainability strategies, social entrepreneurship, finance and sustainability, sustainable management and operations, as well as economics and development. This is built upon a broad knowledge base that covered critical areas like climate change, waste management, energy systems, agriculture and food systems, forestry, and biodiversity. Students are not only exposed to theories and concepts but also real-world practices and case studies to gain a holistic understanding of the opportunities and challenges to achieving the SDGs in scientific, economic, business, and technological aspects.
Entry Requirement of Master in Sustainable Development Management in Sunway University Malaysia
Candidates should have either one of these qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00, or equivalent from a recognised Institution of Higher Education, as accepted by the University’s Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00 or its equivalent qualifications can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years of working experience in a relevant field; or
- Any other equivalent professional qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
International candidates should demonstrate English proficiency sufficient to meet the needs of the programme:
- IELTS: 6.0 / CEFR: B2
- TOEFL: PBT (550) or IBT (75)
- Cambridge English (Advanced): 180 / CEFR: B2 or Cambridge English (Proficiency): 180 / CEFR: C1
- PTE Academic: 50
- Malaysian University English Test: Band 4