Universiti Teknologi MARA 2021-22 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
The largest public university funded by the government, Universiti Teknologi MARA or UTM is located in Selangor, Malaysia. Established in 1956 and previously known as RIDA Training Center, UTM has 35 campuses located near places of interest across Malaysia.
- The university is not only largest in terms of size but also in terms of its student population estimating up to approx. 190,000 students and offering world-class education at affordable cost.
- The university offers around 526 programs among which are 218 postgraduate programs distributed in 28 faculties and the academic taught by more than 17,000 staff members.
- It is one of the top universities in Malaysia that has application intake twice a year.
- It follows the semester-based academic pattern and provides majors in the field of science & technology, business and management, social sciences, and humanities.
Universiti Teknologi MARA Highlights
||MYR 1.99 Billion
||Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
|Work Study Program
|Mode of Program
||Scholarships, Grants, Awards
Universiti Teknologi MARA Covid-19 Policy
- UiTM is following with movement control order to ensure community safety.
- The students and staff that are allowed on campus are required to go through regular screening before entering and the campus and receives a notification on their entrance.
- UiTM has put in order safe working procedure guidelines for its faculty, staff, and students to follow.
- The recent academic amendment for the upcoming year is also released on their official website.
- UiTM is currently conducting distance learning at home and virtual classes for students to keep them updated and on track.
Universiti Teknologi MARA International Student Admission
There are certain entrance exams required to study in Malaysia. The university offers admission intake twice a year and follows a semester-based pattern. Being the near top-average of your class and maintaining a good academic reputation can easily get you into UiTM.
|Mode of Payment
||Bank transfer/ Internet banking
||Scholarships and Grants
||Required (International students only)
||March and September
||Semester based pattern
Documents Required for Universiti Teknologi MARA
UiTM is a diverse university and the recent hot-spot in education for international students aiming to study abroad.
International students can apply only for full-time courses.
- Submit an online application form via an online portal.
- Submit the application fee, 150 RM, and attach the copy of the processing fee with the rest of the documents.
- Copy of official transcripts.
- Copy of graduate degree certificate of the relevant subject.
- 2 Referee reports.
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS official certificate.
- Research proposal for students applying by research.
- Copy of passport.
- Affidavit of financial statement.
- Medical report. (From 2019 onwards, the university officials require a complete student medical check-up report for application and successful admission).
- Once the applicant receives an acceptance letter, they can apply for a Malaysian visa approval letter.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants who don’t have English as their native language must provide proof of proficiency in the English language by submitting scores of either the TOEFL or IELTS.
||Minimum Score Required
Visa Process for International Students
The international students have to get a study visa for Malaysia to complete a program in the university because the part-time study is not permitted. To acquire a student visa, the applicant must pay RM 150.00.
Universiti Teknologi MARA Undergraduate Admissions
The options available are distinguished as coursework or research. The study areas provide 30 major programs with the division as science and technology, business and management, and social sciences and humanities.
Where to Apply: Online portal for international applicants
Processing Fee: USD50 for international applicants not residing in Malaysia or RM150 for international applicants residing within Malaysia must be submitted either through Bank transfer/ Internet banking or telegraph transfer while applying to study in Malaysia.
Admission requirements: There are various program-specific requirements for applying to the university which is given below:
- Academic qualifications – The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree with honors in the relevant field which is completed from a university recognized by the Senate and the Malaysian government.
- Other requirements – This includes proof of the financial ability showing that the applicant has sufficient funds to study and live in Malaysia which must be supported with a letter of sponsorship/ guarantee and financial statement of the applicant’s bank.
- Medical report – The University’s health authorities conduct a medical check-up of the applicant which must be cleared for successful admission.
- Passport – The applicant must be having an international passport with a minimum of 2 years validity and complete procedures related to immigration.
- English proficiency test results must be submitted to check whether the applicant is eligible for full admission or will have to undergo a course before commencement of the program.
- A certified true copy of the transcript and academic certificate must also be attached.
Finally, the applicant must prepare a checklist of all the above documents. Scanned copies of all these must be sent by post to the address provided on the checklist.
Universiti Teknologi MARA Graduate Admissions
- UiTM offers overall 526 programs out of which 218 are post-graduate programs.
- There are 94 professional courses provided by the UiTM where it partners with other universities to deliver world-class academic and research opportunities to its students.
- The university has 3 main departments i.e. science and technology, business and management, social sciences and humanities and 28 faculty consisting of engineering, dentistry, pharmacy, medical science, sports and recreation, accountancy, IT, hotel and tourism, law, music, contemporary Islamic studies, language studies, film and theatre and many more.
- Among the plethora of courses offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA, the university is famous internationally for its post-graduate course where students can apply either by coursework or by research.
- The programs are offered in full-time and part-time mode.
- However, international students cannot apply for part-time education and apply for full-time programs only.