Entry Requirement of Master of Science in Public Health in Lincoln University College Malaysia
The program would aim to progress the health of the entire population and to reduce health inequities among population groups by examining, studying, and acting upon the broad range of factors and conditions that have a strong influence on health. The program of Master in Public health will produce Health Professionals who are:
- Knowledgeable and skillful in the field of Public health, to provide basic idea about the health principles, values and adapt protocols and procedures for progressing theory and practice that improves the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of public health services.
- Able to manage information related to public health with competencies and thus be able to relate to public health sectors that reduces the discrimination in health access and health outcomes.
- Capable of solving problems related to public health in using scientific skills.
- Competent professionals with ethical conducts and perform social responsibilities for facing challenges of the global employment market to work internationally in health departments, with non-government organizations, and with different business cultures.
- Able to develop leadership role with good teamwork, and communication, for the planning and implementing tasks like teaching of public health professionals to understand about the global health care perspectives to enhance their employ ability.
Career Opportunity of Master of Science in Public Health in Lincoln University College Malaysia
The course will prepare students with the knowledge and skills so that these professionals could enhance health in human populations, through organized community effort to assure services essential to protect and promote the health of populations. These public health programs would focus on preparing individuals who will serve as practitioners,researchers and instructors, competent to carry out broad public health functions in local, state, national and international settings.Potential career positions include:
- Food safety inspector
- Health inspector
- Public health advisor
- Director of health
- Health communications specialist
- Psychiatric and medical social worker
- Research consultants and trainer