The Diploma in Information Technology (Digital Media) aims to strengthen students in the field of IT and has an added specialization on digital media aspects. While having exposure to the core areas in computer system’s infrastructure, information systems and programming fundamentals, students will also be taught specialised digital media technologies such as visual communication, design in the digital age, multimedia and animation.
The skills acquired will enable them to implement the services and solutions for the digital media areas and still be competent in the broad IT field.
Students are exposed to both classroom and practical lessons and selected courses with practical approaches requires no final exams. To practise what they have learned, they are required to complete a diploma project in digital media and show their ability in leadership. At the last semester, they will need to attend a 12 weeks industrial training at any ICT company of their choice.
- Knowledgeable and competent technically in the Information Technology (IT) discipline with concentration on digital media, in-line with the industry.
- Apply good social skills and responsibilities with good ethics and professionalism in practising of IT and digital media expertise.
- Capable to communicate and solve issues in IT and digital media by applying current computing tools and techniques with good leadership quality skills in team.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial and managerial skills and recognize the need for life-long learning and information management for a successful career advancement.
- Computer Organisation and Architecture
- Data Communications and Networks
- Database Design
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamental of Digital Media
- Information Technology Entrepreneurship
- Mathematics for Computing
- Operating System
- Principles of Information Technology
- Programming Principles
- System Analysis and Design
- Digital Sound Production
- Human Computer Interaction
- Introduction to Visual Communication
- Digital Media Project 1
- Digital Media Project 2
- Digital Multimedia
- Electronic Commerce
- Media Ethics and Law
- Web Design and Development
- Industrial Training
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Content Management System
- Digital Storyboarding
- Internet of Things
- New Media and Emerging Technologies
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A OR Leadership
- Rethinking The Malaysian Context
- Community Service
- STPM : A minimum of Grade C (GP2.0) in any subject; and credit in Mathematics at SPM
- SPM / O-levels : 3 Credits (Including Mathematics)
- UEC : 3 Bs (Including Mathematics)
- STAM : A minimum grade of Maqbul; and credits in Mathematics at SPM Level.
- SKM : A pass in Level 3 in related field; and a pass in SPM with a credit in Mathematics
- A pass in relevant certificate (MQF Level 3) from recognised institutions and credit in Mathematics
- Any other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Government of Malaysia
- For Diploma and Progression Diploma, International students need a score of 5.0 in IELTS or equivalent.
Additional Criteria :
- Candidate without a credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or equivalent may be admitted if the Certificate programme contains subjects in Mathematics that are equivalent to mathematics at SPM Level.
- Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM Level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.