Overview of Doctor of Philosophy Project Management in International University of Malaya Wales Malaysia
Our PhD (Project Management) programme is designed to provide students with a globally versatile education with advanced knowledge and skills in management practice and research. The programme is designed with extensive academic rigour to benefit those across various disciplines.
Besides being taught advanced skills in research, candidates will develop project management skills and a scholarly level of awareness on managerial issues in industry. This will enable them to demonstrate the key principles of project management across various functional areas such as Development Project Planning, Change Management, Risk Management, Time Management, Planning and Development, Waste Management, Construction Management, Sustainability, Quality Management Plan and Communication management, in any company or any industry. The programme equips candidates with a seasoned practitioner’s insight as well as the skills to exploit their specialist knowledge for research endeavours that can benefit both academic pursuits and industrial practice.
- Master's degree accepted by the University Senate or other qualifications as approved by the University Senate.
- Master's degree accepted by the University Senate and pass IELTS with minimum band 6 or better.
English Competency Requirements
All international students are bound to the English Competency requirement set by the University and the Malaysian Qualification Agency except those who are:
- From countries where English is the official language; OR
- From an academic institution which uses English as its main medium of instruction.
Coursework (Two core courses)
- Research Process and Academic Writing
- Research Design and Methodology
- Each student must present and defend his/her PhD research proposal. The student is only allowed to continue with his/her research to Phase Ill on passing of the defence of his/her proposal
- After submitting the thesis, the students is required to attend a Viva Voce to defend his/her thesis
Assessments under the Doctor of Philosophy in Project Management aim to produce scholarly graduates with in depth specialisation and research skills related to Project Management field. PhD candidates are required to attend lectures/seminars for; Research Process and Academic Writing, and Research Design and Methodology. PhD candidates are expected to demonstrate their understanding through several forms of assessments, including critical review of published articles, research colloquium, proposal defence and research project (thesis writing) with viva voce.
The minimum and maximum period of studies are as follows: