Overview of Msc In Data Science And Business Analytics in Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation Malaysia
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Knowledge and applied skills in data science, big data analytics and business intelligence.
- Overall understanding of the impact of data science upon modern processes and business.
- Exposure towards data science tools and techniques, as well as methods of data collection and utilization, to turn data into useful information via various processes.
|Pre-Requisite Modules (For non-Computing students: to be completed upon 1st month of the programme)
- Database for Data Science
- Programming in Python
Specialization Modules (Choose 1 Pathway only)*
- Big Data Analytics & Technologies
- Data Management
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Research Methodology for Capstone Project
- Applied Machine Learning
- Data Analytical Programming
- Multivariate Methods for Data Analysis
- Capstone Project 1
- Advanced Business Analytics and Visualisation
- Capstone Project 2
- Behavioural Science, Social Media and Marketing Analytics
- Time Series Forecasting
- Strategies in Emerging Markets
OR Multilevel Data Analysis
OR Operations Research and Optimization
- Cloud Infrastructure and Services
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
OR Building IoT Applications
OR Data Protection and Management
Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification as acceptable by the Senate.
• Bachelor’s degree with CGPA 2.50 out of 4.00, but below CGPA 2.75; can be accepted with rigorous assessment (include test, interview or portfolio).
• Bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00, or qualification which is equivalent can be accepted with minimum 5 years relevant working experience in related field.
• English Requirements: IELTS 5.0
- Data Engineers
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Data Analytics Manager
- Business Analyst Manager
- Data Innovation Manager
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Business Process Engineer
- Data Wrangler / Munger / Miner
- Business Intelligence Manager
- Analytics & Reporting Manager
- Decision Analytics Manager