The UTAR Foundation in Science is a full-time intensive programme that has been designed to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills for a smooth transition into the undergraduate studies in UTAR.
It offers the shortest path for eligible students to progress into the undergraduate studies of their choice within one year. With the flexible programme structure, students may complete their Foundation programmes to their desired pace of up to two years.
There are various courses that will enhance students' academic knowledge, expose students to the latest developments in the respective areas of studies and foster their critical thinking skills. Simultaneously, it also sharpens student's presentation skills and English language proficiency.
- Effective Communication Skills
- English for Academic Study
- Mathematics I
- Mathematics II
- Mathematics III
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- SPM with 5 credits which must include one Mathematics subject and two Science subjects, OR
- O-Level with credits in 5 subjects which must include one Mathematics and two Science subjects, OR
- Unified Examination certificate (UEC) with Grade B in 3 subjects which must include one Mathematics subject and two science subjects, OR
- Other equivalent qualification