Overview of Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) in KPJ Healthcare University College Malaysia
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) is a distinctive combination of healthcare and industrial oriented degree offered by KPJ Healthcare University College, Nilai. Our Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) curriculum emphasise pharmaceutical, clinical, industrial, marketing and professional acquaintance as well as communication and management proficiencies building them fundamentally strong to overcome future challenges in the healthcare system. Our students competent using sophisticated laboratory instrument alongside functional pilot plant to give authentic experience and creates innovation thought in research modules. Our students develop readily employable skills hand-on practical exposure by our pharmacists from KPJ Groups of Hospitals. . Our Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) programme is accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency, Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and registered under Pharmacy Board Malaysia.
Entry Requirement of Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) in KPJ Healthcare University College Malaysia
- ii) Pass A Level
- Obtained 3B or 2A1C or 1A1B1C in Biology and Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics.
- (With reference to Score System Universities and College Admission Service (UCAS) implemented at United Kingdom for the result of A-Level with score of A+ = 140, A=120, B=100 and C=80)
* The 3B suggested by Malaysia Pharmacy Board is equivalent to total score of 300 with B for Chemistry subject.
- iii) Matriculation/Pre-Medical Pharmacy/Medical/Foundation in Science (minimum 1 year program)
- CGPA ≥ 3.00
- Possess MUET ≥ band 3 before graduation/TOEFL (550 score)/IELTS ≥ 6.0 (minimum 5.5 for writing, reading, listening/speaking)
- iv) Possess Diploma in Science (Chemistry/Biology/Physics) with CGPA ≥ 3.75 OR Diploma in Pharmacy CGPA ≥ 3.5.
- v) Degree in Science
- CGPA ≥ 2.75 (Grade C+)
i,ii,iii,iv – BM and English minimum Grade C in SPM
i,ii,iv – Pass MUET ≥ band 3 before graduation.
i,ii,iii,iv – Grade ≥ B in Chemistry
iii,iv – Pass SPM with minimum 5B in :
- Math/additional Math
- 1 other subject
- International qualifications will be assessed and referred by Malaysia Pharmacy Board or Malaysian Qualification Agency for approval on case to case basis.
- The applicants should Pass IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 550 before admission.
Career Prospects of Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) in KPJ Healthcare University College Malaysia
Graduates of this programme have ample of opportunities locally and internationally in public and private sector in pharmaceutical services including KKM hospitals, Defence Hospitals, private hospitals, retail, community and veterinary pharmacy, Pharmaceutical industry, regulatory agencies, clinical trials, medical coding, drug information centres, academics and higher education, research and development etc