The programme aims to provide graduates with advanced knowledge and skills in Geriatric Medicine to deal with the increase in global population aging and increased complexity in the field of medicine. This program will contribute to developing competent and skilled medical practitioners who have a caring and holistic approach in managing older patients.
- Fundamentals of Geriatric Medicine
- General Medical Condition in Older Persons: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Diseases
- Communication, Counselling and Cognitive Spectrum Disorders, Legal and Ethical Aspects of Ageing
- General Medical Condition in Older Persons: Metabolic Renal and Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Preventive Health, Rehabilitation and Integrated Care of the Older Person
- Postural Instability and Falls
- General Medical Condition in Older Persons: Nervous, Endocrine, Gastroenterology and Genitourinary Diseases
ELECTIVES ( CHOOSE 1)
- Psychology and Ageing
- Nutrition and Oral Health in the Older Person
- Death and Dying in Older Person
- At least 1 year of post housemanship experience
- Minimum 6-months direct patient care and/or in clinical medicine
- Registered Malaysia Medical Council (MMC) members or equivalent
- The duration for each module is 6 weeks.
- Every week there is a live stream of 4 hours.
- Clinical attachment is 3 days every 6 weeks.
- Weekend Workshops and face to face learning for 2 days every 3 months.
- Primary Care Geriatrics
- Researcher in Elderly Care
- Licensee for Nursing Home
- Analyst for Primary Care Geriatrics
- Advisor for pharmaceuticals / nutritional products for elderly
- Track to specialist training
- Educators for allied healthcare and carers of elderly