Overview of Bsc hons in computer science with a specialism in data analytics in Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation Malaysia
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
The ability to develop technical knowledge, skills and background in the design and organisation of computer systems with an emphasis on data analytics.
The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new technologies with data analytics concepts and tools.
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of programming, mathematical and algorithmic skills. Some specialised modules will provide them basic knowledge of underlying computer systems such as computer architecture, operating systems, networking and databases. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
Digital Thinking and Innovation
Introduction to Management
System Analysis & Design
Programming with Python
Mathematical Concepts for Computing
Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
Introduction to Networking
Introduction to Databases
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Introduction to C Programming
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain better understanding of designing and implementing new software, and solving new computing problems through theoretical and algorithmnic foundations. They will gain solid understanding of platform technology and data analytics through modules in application development and knowledge discovery techniques. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
Object Oriented Development with Java
System Development Methods
Programming for Data Analysis
Creativity & Innovation
Research Methods for Computing and Technology
Business Intelligence Systems
Data Mining and Predictive Modelling
Probability & Statistical Modelling
INTERNSHIP (16 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of computer science and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will move further into the focus on advanced analytics through business analytics and intelligence modules. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
Specialised and Option Modules
Innovation Management & New Product Development
Behavioral Science and Marketing Analytics
Text Analytics and Sentiment Analysis
Optimisation and Deep Learning
Investigations in Data Analytics
Data Analytics Project
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
Workplace Professional Communication Skills
Employee & Employment Trends
DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:
• 2 Passes in STPM in Science stream with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in Mathematics and one Science or ICT Subject.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Mathematics and any one Science or ICT subjects at SPM. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
are equivalent to
12th Grade/ A-Level/
HSC are accepted.
• 2 Passes in A-Level in Science stream with a Pass in Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or equivalent.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subjects at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Additional Mathematics.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects including Mathematics. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or its equivalent.
Note : The requirement for the Additional Mathematics can be exempted if the Matriculation or Foundation offers Mathematics module which is equivalent or higher requirement than the Additional Mathematics at SPM level.
• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subject at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or its equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:
ICT RELATED DIPLOMAS
• Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
website. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. For more information, please read our policy Read more...