Overview of Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) Accredited by CPA Australia in Universiti Tun Abdul Razak Malaysia
The demand for experts in accounting and finance is at an all-time high in our Age of Globalisation. The individuals who will gain most from this are graduates with the professional knowledge and skills given by CPA Australia. UNIRAZAK meets this demand by offering the Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) that requires the passing of the professional level segments of CPA Australia’s CPA Programme in the final year. This programme qualifies the fresh graduate as an accounting and finance expert who is certified by an internationally recognised professional body.
- Respond to the needs of the country for higher-level accountants, auditors and financial managers. Graduates of the programme generally will find placement in local and international CPA Australia’s firms; industries firms and government entities.
- Enable students to demonstrate competencies in the development, measurement, analysis, validation and communication of financial and other information.
- Develop students with the relevant analytical and critical thinking, oral and written communication skills which are relevant to their field of study.
- Expose students to the unique aspects of global accounting and business issues.
- Expose students with new developments in Information Technology relevant to prospective position they are expected to assume in the world of work in the area of accounting, auditing and finance.
- Expose students with activities that help them work in teams/groups.
- Provide the educational background for students to meet the educational requirements of various accounting certification examinations.
- Ensure the curriculum meets the requirements of stakeholders and maintains its international standards of the field and contributes for the development of the profession.
- Promote faculty’s or school’s competency through professional development schemes so as to help them compound their service to the community.
STPM - A pass in STPM or its equivalent with minimum of grade C (GP 2.33) in any 2 subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English in SPM .
A Level - A Pass in A-level with a minimum of Gred D in any 2 Subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English in SPM or Equivalent Subjects.
STAM - A Pass in STAM with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in Mathematics and English in SPM or Equivalent Subjects. Note: the requirement for Pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level can be excluded if teh candidate obtained a credit or higher grade STAM.
UEC - A Pass at the UEC with a minimum grade B in Five (5) subjects; including a pass in Mathematics and English.
DIPLOMA - A Diploma with a minimum of CGPA 2.50 from Universities/ Colleges recognised by the Malaysian Government.
IB - A Pass at the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma level with a minimum score of 30 points.
OTHER - Equivalent Qualifications recognised by MQA/ Malaysian Government.
- Diploma Kolej Vokasional (DVM)
- Diploma Executive UM
APEL (Accredition of Prior of Experential Learning)
TOEFL (30-31) or its equivalent OR
IELTS Band 5.5 or minimum of Grade B2 (162) in First Cambridge English (FC) or MUET (MALAYSIAN UNIVERSITY ENGLISH TEST) Band 3
The validity period of TOEFL and IELTS is TWO (2) years from the date of the award Or Equivalent English Qualifications recognised by MQA/ Malaysian Government.
Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade B2 (162) conducted by the Centre of English Language
Conditional offer letter will be issued to international students who has not met the English Proficiency Requirements. The student have to achieve English Proficiency Requirement within a period of 12 months from the date of entry within condiotional offer letter. The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is 2 Years from the date of award.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT :
Malaysian University English Test (MUET) BAND 2 and credit in MATHEMATICS at SPM Level