Overview of Postgraduate Diploma In Endodontics in International Medical University (IMU) Malaysia
IMU Postgraduate Diploma in Endodontics (PGD Endo) Programme provides training in Endodontics specially designed for general dental practitioners. The curriculum is designed to enhance their knowledge and competencies in providing evidence based Endodontic treatment of cases with different levels of difficulties. The programme aims to train the candidates to be competent in the understanding of pulpal and periapical pathophysiology, selection of appropriate dental materials/instruments, fundamental rationale of clinical techniques and managing failed Endodontic cases of moderate difficulty. It is designed for full-time as well as part-time students to offer the respective flexible options. With this flexibility the students can balance between maintaining their dental practice, pursuing their postgraduate training and learning at their own pace.
This 1-year programme includes total 6 modules sequenced based on the nature of Endodontic cases and taught by eminent and experienced full time and adjunct faculty including clinicians cum academicians. Students can enjoy a full access to IMU’s Oral Health Centre and library facilities. There will be one to one supervision for their cases at IMU’s Clinic or in the student’s own clinic.
Students will also be allowed to perform Endodontic treatment and will be allowed to utilise IMU’s facilities including Dental operating microscope and CBCT, if needed. Each student is required to complete 25 clinical cases. The PG Endo programme has collaboration with world renowned companies sponsoring their equipments and materials.
A. ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
B. ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are required to:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery or equivalent qualification
- Registered under Division 1 of the Malaysian Dental Register and holds current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC); or
- Registered with the dental regulatory body in another country and eligible to be granted a Temporary Practicing Certificate (TPC)
- Eligible to apply for an APC or TPC (whichever is applicable) that is specific to the IMU Oral Health Centre (OHC) and eligible to attend clinical sessions in the Centre during the study period of the program
- A minimum of one (1) year clinical practice after basic degree
- Able to demonstrate an interest in Endodontics with appropriate baseline knowledge and skills in general dentistry
- Health requirements as required by IMU
For Malaysian Students
For International Students
- IELTS : Band score 5.0; or
- TOEFL (iBT) : Overall score of 42; or
- Cambridge English : Advanced (CAE) : Overall score of 154; or
- Cambridge English : Proficiency (CPE) : Overall score of 154; or
- Cambridge Linguaskill : Overall score of 160; or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) : Overall score of 47;
The following categories of students are exempted from the above requirements:
- International students from countries in which English is the first language.
- International students who graduated from any Malaysian or other institutions where the curriculum is delivered in English.