Overview of Postgraduate Diploma in Implant Dentistry in International Medical University (IMU) Malaysia
Implant dentistry is increasingly sought after by patients in Malaysia and general dental practitioners stand to gain by up-skilling themselves to offer this service.
IMU’s Implant Dentistry programme is the first and only Accredited programme recognized by the Malaysian Qualifying Agency (MQA) and Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), and benchmarked against The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Designed for the working dentist, students have the flexibility to learn at their own pace and build their confidence in developing their clinical skills at IMU’s Oral Health Centre or at the student’s own clinic.
At IMU, you will be able to learn from the world-class faculty who bring with them rich experiences in the field and be guided by evidence-based methods.
A. ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
B. ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are required to:
- Registered as a dental surgeon with the Malaysian Dental Council (MDC) or equivalent in the student’s home country.
- Having at least two years post-graduation clinical experience.
- Participants who possess a current Annual Practice Certificate(APC) to practise dentistry in Malaysia.
- Participants who are eligible to practise dentistry in Malaysia with a Temporary Practice Certificate(TPC).
- All candidates need to be issued an APC or TPC(whichever is applicable) that is specific to the IMU Oral Health Centre(OHC) to be eligible to attend the clinical sessions in the centre during the period of the study.
- Participants should be able to demonstrate an interest in the use of dental implants with appropriate baseline knowledge and skills in oral surgery and restorative dentistry
|For Malaysian StudentsNot applicable
For International Students
- IELTS : Band score 5.0; or
- TOEFL (iBT) : Overall score of 42; or
- Cambridge English : Advanced (CAE) : Overall score of 154; or
- Cambridge English : Proficiency (CPE) : Overall score of 154; or
- Cambridge Linguaskill : Overall score of 160; or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) : Overall score of 47;
The following categories of students are exempted from the above requirements:
- International students from countries in which English is the first language.
- International students who graduated from any Malaysian or other institutions where the curriculum is delivered in English.