- Internationally benched marked, approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Supported with research workshops, research colloquia and research clinics.
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of around 190,000 e-books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles accessible anywhere anytime..
- No proposal is needed at the point of entry. Only brief research intent.
- Viva Voce for international students can be done on-campus or off-campus via video conferencing.
- Transfer of candidature is possible, if compliant-requirements are fulfilled.
At the end of the programme, students are able to:
- Enhance knowledge of theory, developments and practices in the selected specialisation
- Enhance ability to create conceptual systems that reflect synthesis, coherence and extension of knowledge about education
- Provide opportunities to engage in academic research, scholarship, systematic inquiry, communicate and evaluate research
- Enhance ability to understand, utilise and interpret basic principles and methodologies of educational research design and data analysis
- Enhance understanding of computer technology and its applications in educational settings
- Provide a graduate experience that is intellectually stimulating, professionally relevant, leading to research that supports decision making and problem-solving around the key issues facing the six areas of education
Stage 1 : Proposal Development
Stage 2 : Data Collection
Stage 3 : Report Writing
Stage 4 : Thesis Examination / Viva Voce
- Curriculum Development (Theory)
- Distance Education Methodology
- Education Science
- Educational Assessment, Testing & Measurement
- Educational Evaluation & Research
- Pedagogical Science (Education)
Training for Preschool Teachers
- Early Childhood Training
- Pre-primary Teacher Training
Training for Teachers at Basic Levels
- Class Teacher Training
- Elementary Teacher Education
- Home Language Teacher Training
- Primary Teaching
- Special Education Teaching
Training for Teachers with Subject Specialisation
- Secondary Teaching
- Special Subject Teaching
- Teaching Training, Theoretical Subjects eg: English, Mathematics, History
Training for Teachers with Vocational Subjects
- Driver & Safety Teacher Education
- Driver Instructor Training
- Flight Instructor Training
- Nursing Teacher Training
- Teacher Training
- Physical Education Teacher Training
- Post-school Teacher Training
- Teacher Training in Arts & Craft
- Teacher Training in Commercial Subjects
- Teacher Training in Music
- Teacher Training in Technical Subjects
- Teacher Training, Physical Training
- Teacher Training, Vocational Subjects
- Technical Teaching
- Training of Instructors in Companies etc.
- Training of Trainers
- Vocational Teacher Training
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- Possess a recognised Master’s degree; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualification.
- A statement of research intent, describing what you have already done and what you hope to accomplish in your doctoral research
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
Minimum English Language Requirements for International Students:
- Minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS; OR
- Minimum score of TOEFL PBT 410-433 / TOEFL IBT 34-40; OR
- Pearson Test of English PTE 36; OR
- Cambridge English: Advance (CAE) 160; OR
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) 180; OR
- Malaysia University English Test (MUET Band 3)
- Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.