|Malaysian-April for Semester I intake, International -June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
It is a common misconception that geography is about “what is where”. Although geography does primarily deal with physical analysis of a location, it also provides explanation of why the phenomenon is there. Geography, in short, answers the question “why what is where”. Geography emphasizes the locational analysis of human activities and their relationships with the environment. These interactions of different systems are not often studied together, except within geography.
The programme offered reflects the multidisciplinary nature of Geography. Students have the opportunity to study their subject matter in a number of different areas including: Biogeography, Cultural and Historical Geography, Economic Geography, Environment and Resource Management, Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, Transportation Geography, Physical Geography, Social Geography, and Urban Geography.
• National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here