The programme aims to produce educators who are professionally competent and intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, physically and socially balanced and able to apply the knowledge and skills acquired to conduct research in the related fields. The broad educational aim of the graduate programme in Applied Linguistics is to build a strong foundation of knowledge and to develop problem- solving; teamwork and communication skills of educators to drive forward the nation and humanity at the large in tandem with the university’s charter and philosophy.
- Research Proposal (for Programme by Research):
- Masters - 1,000 to 1,500 words
- PhD - 1,500 to 2,000 words
- Applicants without professional qualification (Bachelor of Education/ Diploma in Education/Certificate of Education) are required to attend and pass the courses as required by the University.
- PhD applicants need to attend interview related to field of study being applied.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- All international candidates should meet any one of the following English language requirements set by the University before they are accepted for admission.
- Satisfy any one of the following English language assessments with the requirement to attend the SCLE4186 Academic English Language Enhancement for Postgraduates during the study:
- TOEFL score of between 477 to 549 for Paper Based Test
- TOEFL score between 53 to 79 for Internet Based Test
- IELTS of Band 5.5
- MUET of Band 3.0
- Cambridge English Advanced Test score of between 162 to 168
- Pearson Test of English Academic score of between 42 to 49
- Satisfy any one of the following English language assessments without the requirement to attend the SCLE4186 Academic English Language Enhancement for Postgraduate during the study:
- TOEFL Score of 550 and above in the Paper Based Test
- TOEFL Score of 80 and above in the Internet Based Test
- IELTS of Band 6.0 and above
- MUET of Band 4.0 and above
- Cambridge English Advanced Test score of 169 and above
- Pearson Test of English Academic score of 50 and above
- Exemption for meeting the above English Language requirement are given to candidates with any of the following qualifications:
- Obtain a degree from any institutions with English language Education System
- Obtain a degree from any Public University in Malaysia with English as a language of instruction
- Obtain a degree from any Private University or College University in Malaysia that are listed in Malaysian Qualifications Register (MQR)
- Students who do not meet any of the above English language requirement will not be allowed to register for courses or continue with their programme of study. They may attend the Intensive Language Course for International Students that will prepare and assist them for their MUET examination.