Overview of Diploma of Engineering Technology in Avionics Maintenance in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
This programme will be taught in 6 semesters (3 years) which will cover all aspects of avionic systems, its operation and maintenance. The syllabus encompasses the fundamentals and practical of electrical and electronic systems which also includes electronics instrumentation, aircraft electrical systems and the maintenance of the aircraft electrical and instrument systems.
Upon completion of the programme, the graduates will be awarded Diploma of Engineering Technology in Avionics Maintenance. This comprehensive programme will prepare the graduates to be readily absorbed by the aviation industry such as airlines, maintenance and repair organization, aircraft vendors, and also avionics repair stations or workshops. With the growth in aviation industry locally and internationally, this programme will provide greater employment opportunities for the graduates.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in aircraft maintenance engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in Avionics Maintenance will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization principles to well-defined
- PLO 2
Analyse well-defined engineering problems in their discipline or area of specialization
- PLO 3
Formulate solutions to well-defined technical problems
- PLO 4
Assist in the formulation of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs
- PLO 5
Conduct investigations of well-defined problems
- PLO 6
Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering in individual and teamwork.
- PLO 7
Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent
- PLO 8
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large
- PLO 9
Function effectively in a diverse technical team
- PLO 10
Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship
- PLO 12
Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable
- PLO 13
Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Upon completion, DET Avionics Maintenance holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce to be able to hold positions such as assistant Engineer, senior technician or technician.
- Avionics maintenance technician in the aviation company
- Technician or assistant engineer in electronics, electrical and instrumentation company
- Teaching lab assistant in the avionics, electronics, electrical and instrumentation technology
- Instructor in the avionics, electronics, electrical and instrumentation company or school.
- Technopreneur in developing a business in the current technology
Courses of Diploma of Engineering Technology in Avionics Maintenance in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- Material and Hardware
- Physics and Aerodynamics
- Electrical Fundamental 1
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Foundation Aviation English
- Islamic/Moral Studies
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Co-curriculum 1
- Electrical Fundamental 2
- Electronics Fundamental (Avionics)
- Maintenance Practices
- Theory of Flight and Control
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Mandarin I
- Malaysian Studies
- Aircraft Structures
- Basic Instruments System
- Aircraft Instruments System
- Digital Technique (Avionics)
- Aviation Legislation
- Intermediate Aviation English
- Mandarin II
- Co-Curriculum II
- Aircraft Electrical Systems
- Aircraft Communication Systems
- Aircraft Navigation Systems
- Electronics Instrument Systems
- Human Factors
- Auto Flight Systems
- Aircraft Radar Systems
- Compass and Compensations
- Advanced Aviation English
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Final Year Project
- Pass in SPM/SPMV with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in the following subjects:
Bahasa Melayu, Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and 2 other subjects; and at least pass in English; OR
- Pass in O-Level with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and three other subjects and at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in Engineering/Engineering Technology Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant or equivalent field from accredited PPT with a minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Pass in Vocational and Technical Skills Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant field with CGPA 2.0 AND obtained at least one credit at SPM level with one year experience in the relevant field or at least one semester bridging programme;
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in Math, English, one science/vocational/technical subject and 3 other subjects.
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent