The Master in Construction Management Programme under faculty of Business and Accountancy is designed to give students’ academic and technical skills in broad areas. The programme encompasses a wide range of educational field which helps to be construction experts to bring a project through to successful completion and helps to became specialized in management techniques to manage the planning, design and construction of a project, from management to end (close out). The programme is designed as a trans formative programme, which offers students the education, training,and first-hand experience essential for successful international careers. This enables the programme to meet its broader objectives to touch every aspect of project delivery systems including design-bid-build, design-build, construction management at-risk, and other related areas.
||MQA Subject Code
||Construction Project Management and Planning
||Construction Quality Management
||Construction Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)
||Construction and Building Technology
||Procurement and Contract Management.
||Human Resources Management in Construction
||Strategic Management in Construction
||Construction Economics and Finance
||Critical Chain Project Management
|Elective (Choose any one module from the following):
||Quantitative Methods in Construction Management
||Materials in Civil Engineering
||Advanced Concrete Technology
- Bachelor's Degree (Level 6 MOH) in the field of Architecture, Engineering, Engineering Technology with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 2.50 or related to it, as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
- Bachelor's Degree (Level 6 MOH) in the field of Architecture, Engineering, Engineering Technology or related to it, but not meeting CGPA of 2.50 may be admitted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field.
- For international students, the scores of Bahasa Inggeris Test as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 500 or Bahasa Inggeris Language Testing System (IELTS) 5.0 or equivalent
This course help students to be competent in problem solving with scientific skills in technology of the building industry to assess the consequences of construction management. The job description of a construction manager is varied and may include many different types of work. Key areas of employment include beneficial plan constructor to global society, chief leader to plan and control construction project with effective communication, problem solving expert by using technical and critical thinking skills to solve construction related project management and quantity surveyor problems, infrastructure and construction manager,entrepreneurship skill developer.
Jobs related to this program include:
- Building control surveyor.
- Building services engineer.
- Building surveyor.
- Construction manager.
- Estates manager.
- Estates manager.
- Quantity surveyor.
- Site engineer.
- Sustainability consultant.