Entry Requirement of Diploma in Biotechnology in Lincoln University College Malaysia
The main objective of a Biotechnology Programme is to produce graduates who will have knowledge, technical skills, ethics and social responsibilities and attitude to adapt themselves with new technological advancement and challenges in Biotechnology.
Aims of Diploma in Biotechnology programme are:
- To gain basic knowledge of Biotechnology and its application by using basic principles of chemistry, physics and mathematical
- To provide necessary practical skills of variousunit operations, unit processes and instrumentation processes related tobiochemical, bio fertilizers, and pharmaceutical industries.
- To cater students with bio safety skills in biotechnologyand create an awareness of bio hazards in accordance to occupational safetyissues.
- To accumulate laboratory data to assist thesupervisor for proper interpretation of scientific analysis of biotechnologicallaboratories and related industries.
- To develop good interpersonal skills in order tohave effective communication and business ethics.
Career Opportunity of Diploma in Biotechnology in Lincoln University College Malaysia
The Diploma in Biotechnology program is unique in providingprofessionals, qualified in biotechnological skills, appropriate to relatedindustries in Malaysia and overseas. They will procure jobs as marketingpersonnel in companies dealing with laboratory equipment and consumable supplythat support the biomedical science industry all together.
Professionals of Diploma in Biotechnology can work as a:
- Clinical laboratory technician
- Forensic science or biological technician
- Biological product manufacturer and supplier
- Environmental or food safety technician
- Pharmaceutical research technician
- Agriculture and Crop management
- Bioinformatics Sector