This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Opportunity for professional development at an advanced level within the area of Cyber Security.
- Enhancement of skills and knowledge in Cyber Security for practising IT professionals.
- Ability to further develop specialisation gained in taught modules through an extensive research-based and/or technical-based dissertation, to prepare the student to be a subject matter expert in the field.
- Furthermore, APU is also poised to become a frontrunner in cyber security research through the establishment of the Forensics and Cyber Security (FSEC) Research Centre, through which research activities will be undertaken to challenge boundaries in the application of cyber security.
|Pre-Requisite Modules (For non-Computing students: to be completed upon 1st month of the programme)
- Cyber Security
- Digital Forensics
- Digital Forensic and Cyber Security Tools
Elective Modules (Choose 3)*
- Information Security Design
- Cyber Security & Threats
- Security Operations Center (SOC) & Incident Response
- Advanced Ethical Hacking
- Advanced Digital Forensics
- Research Methodology in Computing & Engineering
- Network Design & Performance
- Information Security Architectures
- Security Audit and Assessment
- Data Analytics in Cyber Security
- Applied Scripting in Cyber Security
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification as acceptable by the Senate.
• Bachelor’s degree with CGPA 2.50 out of 4.00, but below CGPA 2.75; can be accepted with rigorous assessment (include test, interview or portfolio).
• Bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00, or qualification which is equivalent can be accepted with minimum 5 years relevant working experience in related field.
• English Requirements: IELTS 5.0
- Cyber Security Analyst / Consultant
- Information Security Analyst / Consultant
- Cyber Security Incident Response Consultant
- Digital Forensic Investigator
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Information Security Engineer
- Cyber Security Manager
- Information Security Manager