UNIMAS has become the first university in this country to offer Service Economics programme that meet the national and international demand for professional workers in the service industry. This is coherent with the national economic transformation, that moving towards a service driven economic country. Students will be equipped with theories and business practices in health, knowledge, transportation, and recreational services. Emphasized will be given on the principles of services economics to preparing them with skills that required in solving economics and services management issues.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The programme shall produce graduates who are:
1. Are knowledgeable and equipped with practical skills in the area of service economics;
2. Uphold professionalism and demonstrate leadership qualities within their organization and society;
3. Are innovative in providing effective solutions in their profession; and
4. Exhibit entrepreneurial and managerial skills, as well as practice continual development through lifelong learning.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Upon graduating from this program, the students are able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge in business and economics in the field of service economics;
2. Perform practical skills in the field of service economics;
3. Demonstrate social skills and responsibilities to related stakeholders;
4. Show ethics and professionalism;
5. Communicate effectively and show leadership skills;
6. Practice critical thinking and scientific approach in problem solving;
7. Exhibit knowledge and skills in managing information that promotes continuous lifelong learning activities; and
8. Initiate ideas that contribute towards development of entrepreneurial and managerial skills.
|CURRENT YEAR STPM|
Earn at least;
Grade C (NGMP 2.00) at STPM level in any one (1) of the following subjects;
Earn at least;
Grade C (NGMP 2.00) at STPM level in any
Obtained at least Grade C (NGMP 2.00) at STPM level in one (1) other subject (
Obtained at least passed Grade E at SPM level in the following subjects: