Overview of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) in University of Reading Malaysia Malaysia
The law degree offered shall contain a minimum of 12 substantive law subjects which includes the 6 core-subjects. The first and second years of the programme provide the foundation of legal knowledge and are determined by the Solicitors Regulation Authority(SRA). In the final year, students can focus on their interests and select from a range of elective modules.
The Reading LLB provides the perfect balance of academic learning and practical experience. One key aspect of the high-quality learning experience is the applied, problem-solving approach to learning in which students are presented with authentic cases to examine and discuss. Students develop a wide range of soft skills such as presentation, argumentation, negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Legal Skills & Legal Systems
- Public Law 1
- Criminal Law
- Research and Writing skills
- Equity & Trusts
- Land Law
- Public Law 2
- Plus 3 Elective modules from the following:
- Legal writing credit
- Research placement project
- Alternative Dispute Resolution*
- Malaysian Legal System*
- Foundation of EU Law Writing Credit
- Pro Bono and Professional Practice Plus
- Elective modules forming 80 credits from the following:
- Company Law
- Commercial Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- International Children’s Rights
- International Human Rights
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Mooting Law
- Medical Law
1. International Foundation Programme:
SPM, IGCSE and equivalent holders can enrol onto the Foundation in Business as a pathway to this programme.
2. Direct entry with STPM/A Levels* with grades: BBB
*We also (subject to conditions) accept Unified Examination Certificate (UEC), International Baccalaureate (IB), Australian Matriculation and Exams, Canadian Pre-U and Exams, Internationally Recognised Diploma and Foundation and other relevant qualification accredited and recognised by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Kindly contact us for further details on the entry requirements
English Language Requirement**:
Grade B or higher at SPM English 1119/IGCSE English
IELTS: Band 6.5 with no component below 5.5 or equivalent.
Our graduates typically enter graduate-level careers or go on to further study, including vocational study for the Certificate of Legal Practice Course (Malaysia) or the Bar Professional Training Course UK.
They take their professional exams to work as an Advocate and Solicitor or become a corporate lawyer. Alternatively, graduates have entered academia or use their legal education to develop a career either in business or government.
Alternative Career in Law
- Corporate Counsel
- In-house Advisors
- Forensic / Criminal Investigator
- Judicial & Legal Services
- Corporate Secretary
- Journalist / Legal Writer / Editor