Overview of BACHELOR OF SOCIAL ADMINISTRATIONS in University of Malaya UM Malaysia
The programme offers a mixture of Social Policy, Social Welfare and Social Work, Social Law and even containing some Public and Social Management. This particular mix, allied of course to the Malaysian orientation of much of the syllabus, makes the programme unique. It accurately reflects the needs of Malaysia at the present stage of its economic and social development.
The inclusion of practical placements or a semi-vocational course in the programme provides opportunity to put into practice lessons learned in the lecture room. Our students value this element, believing it to provide them with an opportunity to test out possible careers.
- Social Planners
- Campaign Manager/Project Manager
- Social Workers
- Market Researcher
- Social Policy Manager
- Social Rights Advocate
- Officers In Various Human Services Organisations
- Human Resource Managers
- Social/Business Enterpreneurs
- Planning Consultant
A Malaysian candidate who wishes to pursue a programme of study at the University of Malaya must fulfill the University's entry requirements as follows:
(1) Pass the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with a credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia subject
a credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia July papers and pass in History (SPM 2013 and above);
(2) Achieve a minimum Band in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) as required in special requirements of the programme.
(3) Have fulfilled all special requirements of the programme as may be prescribed by the Senate
- National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
- For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here