|Study Mode||FULL TIME|
|Intake||Malaysian-April for Semester I intake,International -June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
To produce graduates who possess strong basic knowledge in Microbiology to be applied in various fields related to Microbiology.
2. To produce graduates who possess skills in Microbiology techniques at basic and advanced levels that are normally used and are able to design and develop research in Microbiology and related areas such as Biotechnology.
3. To produce graduates who possess the qualifications, knowledge and skills to join related industries, are able to develop and carry out various projects involving Microbiology.
4. To produce graduates who have solid basic Microbiology concepts in disease progression, environmental problems, building and development of fermentation technology, identifying the etiologic agents involved and able to give correct recommendation for management.
5. To produce graduates in Microbiological Sciences who are able to continue education to higher degree levels in related Biological fields in any higher learning institutions locally or overseas.
Graduates from this programme can further their studies to Masters or PhD level, exploring various challenging aspects of microbiology. They also have the opportunity to pursue the education line as a high school educator or university lecturer, or become a scientific officer or researcher. Further, graduates have the choice to build a career in sales and marketing of scientific tools and appliances or even in managerial roles in universities, hospitals, government or private diagnostic laboratories, biotechnology firms, food industries, medical industries, ministries and also research institutes such as IMR, MARDI, VRI, SIRIM and RRIM.
• National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here