|Malaysian-April for Semester I intake,International-June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
Have strong knowledge of ecology and biodiversity, and able to sustainably manage the natural resources.
2. Possess the skills to develop and implement various projects in the biological industries, such as agriculture, fisheries, aquaculture, ecotourism and biopharmaceuticals, as well as to provide consultation, to manage and to conserve the environment.
3. Possess effective soft skills with the ability to solve problems efficiently
4. Have the competitive edge and ability to pursue postgraduate study and research in any institution of higher learning, as well as to satisfy the local and international job markets.
Graduates from this programme can work as a researcher or science officer at various institutions such as MARDI, FRIM, PERHILITAN, IMR, JabatanPertanian, MNS, etc. Besides that, graduates also can work as a scientist, ecologist, wildlife expert, curator, journalist, ecotourism expert, consultant, entrepreneur (herbal products, farmer etc), landscape expert, manager, administrator and others. Further, graduatescan pursue their studies to Masters or PhD level, exploring various challenging aspects of ecology and biodiversity. They also have the opportunity to engage in the education line as a high school educator or university lecturer.
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here