|Malaysian- April for Semester I intake,International-June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
1. To produce graduates who have strong fundamental knowledge in biotechnology and capable in various fields that can contribute to the nation’s development, and balance the needs of human and environment development in ethical and professional ways.
2. To produce graduates skills in biotechnology techniques with capability in designing and developing research.
3. To produce graduates who are highly qualified, with broad visions and knowledgeable in sectors such as agriculture, medicine, fisheries, industry and pharmaceuticals. They are capable of developing and executing a diverse range of projects.
4. To produce biotechnology graduates who are high competitive, and capable of pursuing higher education in the life sciences in any institution.
. Biotechnologists and researchers at research institutes and industries.
2. Science and research officers in government agency.
3. Administrative officers at government agencies and private sectors.
4. Sale and Marketing executives.
5. Academician and researchers in universities
6. Research officers at Hospitals, research institutes such as MARDI, FRIM, SIRIM, IMR etc.
7. Consultants, Technologists
National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here