|Malaysian-April for Semester I intake,International - June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
This interdisciplinary program hopes to produce graduates who have sound knowledge of biological sciences with particular reference to its application to Biohealth Science discipline. The programme strives to assist the nation in addressing the requirement of human resource for the Biohealth Science various needs. Currently, both the public and the private sectors are working towards revolutionizing science and technology in the health industry, either from the service or the research aspects. Such progress needs skilled human force to fulfil the current market requirements. The programme aims to produce excellent graduates in a variety of health and medical fields.
There is a competitive entry into the programme since the programme accepts limited number of students yearly. Selection is based on availability of place and academic merit.
1. To produce graduates with firm knowledge in biological sciences who are capable of applying the knowledge in various biohealth science-related fields
2. To produce graduates equipped with applicable skills in essential biological techniques to develop and execute scientific research in biohealth sciences or other related fields such as biotechnology
3. To produce highly competent Biohealth Science graduates who are well-suited to join and able to conduct scientific research in the pharmaceutical settings as well as in herbal industries
4. To produce graduates who understood the causes and development of human diseases and other health-related problems, necessary in enabling the graduates to collaborate with other experts in healthcare
5. To produce Biohealth Science graduates who qualify to further their studies:
• at the post-graduate level in biohealth related fields in any local or international institutions of higher learning
• as medical students in local institutions or abroad
• Scientific Officer.
• Research Scientist.
• Forensic Scientist.
• Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Researcher.
• Insurance Company Underwriter.
• Health Educators and Health Promotion Specialists.
• Administrative Officers in government or its agencies.
• Sales personnel in pharmaceutical and medical-related industries.
• Careers in science journalism.
• Entry into post-graduate study in health-related disciplines.
National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here