|Malaysian-April for Semester I intake,International--June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
The goals of B.Sc. in Applied Geology program are to:
1. Produce graduates with solid foundation in applied geosciences and with the ability to apply this knowledge in the practice of various fields related to geoscience.
2. Produce graduates skilful in commonly used applied geoscience techniques and with the ability to design and implement research in geoscience and related fields.
3. Produce graduates who are qualified, knowledgeable and possess appropriate skills to serve earth-resource based industries and capable of developing and implementing projects involving earth material.
4. Produce graduates with self-learning and problem solving skills that are pertinent in various careers.
In our rapidly developing nation, graduates in geology have excellent career opportunities. Graduates from the Department have excelled in their career in both the public and private sectors, in various fields such as academic, mining, petroleum industry, engineering geology and the construction sector. There is an increase in demand for geology graduates. Expertise in geology is also required in the construction of infrastructures, the chemical industries, mitigation of natural hazards and environmental monitoring.
• National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here