|Malaysian--April for Semester I intake,International--June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
Development comes with a price, and that price is the decay of our natural environment. Does that mean we should stop developing our nation in order to preserve our environment? Or should we forgo our environment for developments’ sake?
This programme will hopefully produce graduates who will find the middle ground for the tug-of-war between development and the environment. Covering interdisciplinary subjects ranging from biology, geology, policy studies and law, geography, religion, civil and chemical engineering, chemistry, economics, history, and sociology, students will face environmental studies as a whole, enabling them to have an analytical and functional perspective on the environmental issues facing our world today.
• National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here