|Malaysian- April for Semester I intake,International-June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake|
To produce graduates with (sound) knowledge of actuarial and financial mathematics, capable of critical thinking and problem solving; who can adapt to diverse environment and contribute significantly in various professions.
If you're looking forward for challenging and high return opportunities, the actuarial field is worth your choice.The career opportunities are vast ranging from insurance to finance, banks, investment as well as security and commodity companies.With the modern demand for risk modelling the chance expand wider to include the non-finance corporate firms. Graduates of our department are expected to be equipped with necessary actuarial tools to face the real demand of the market.
A Malaysian candidate who wishes to pursue a programme of study at the University of Malaya must fulfill the University's entry requirements as follows:
(1) Pass the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with a credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia subject
a credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia July papers and pass in History (SPM 2013 and above);
(2) Achieve a minimum Band in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) as required in special requirements of the programme.
(3) Have fulfilled all special requirements of the programme as may be prescribed by the Senate
National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the percentage of 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selected programmes before being accepted by the respective faculties.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 - 6.5 and above Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, students that have been accepted would be issued with a conditional offer letter for subsequent fulfillment of the English language requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at apply.um.edu.my
• For the latest English Language Requirements please refer here