- After completion of the study a student will be awarded with Master of Computer Science in Information and Security Assurance via mixed mode [MCompSc (Information and Security Assurance)
- The total credit for the Program is 43 credit. The program will be conducted fully in English. The mode of study could be either on fulltime or part-time basis.
- The program consists of 50% taught subjects and 50% on research. The first 50% is considered as course work that consists of lectures, tutorials, assignments, presentation by students, guided and independent studies.
- The duration of study is 18 months or three semesters for fulltime students and 24 months or four semesters for part-time students.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAMME
The main objective of the programme Masters Computer Science (Information Security and Assurance) is to produce graduates with knowledge, skills and ability to integrate the knowledge of software engineering and information technology into computer science knowledge (especialy in the field of Information Security and Assurance) considering the aspects of ethics and social responsibilities.
The Master of Computer Science Programmme in Information Security and Assurance will ensure that the following objectives and aims are fulfilled:
- To produce graduates that can integrate and apply the knolwedge and experience in Information Security and Assurance for producing good quality research besides giving good services to government sectors, educational sector, research organization and sectors in information technology and communications locally and globally.
- To produce graduates that are able to lead and involved in team work for solving problem and be able to dessiminate new knowledge in their field and outside their fileds through their ability to communicate effectively.
- To produce graduates that are always try to improve their knowledge and ability with the ICT as enabler to generate bussiness opportunities in education sector, research organization and information and communication technology sector locally and globally.
- To produce graduates that are able to practice esthetics values and professionalism in giving services to educationa sectors, research organization and informationm and communication sector locally and globally.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree with honours with a minimum CGPA of 2.75/4.00 or equivalent from the University or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with honours AND relevant professional work experience; or
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75/4.00, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment; or
- In case the CGPA does not meet the requirement of 2.50/4.00, the selection will subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- The number of credit hours for the relevant bachelor’s degree and advanced diploma shall be as follows: (a) bachelor’s degree ≥ 120 credit hours (b) advanced diploma ≥ 90 credit hours
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).