This program is offered to produce experts in the field of Arabic language communication . On this basis, the objectives are as follows:
- To produce graduates who are knowledgeable in the field of Arabic language communication
- To ensure that graduates gain exposure to Arabic communication skills which are appropriate and up to date in their field.
- To strengthen the quality of communication service of the Arabic language graduates in order to enhance their professionalism, skill and personality
- To make USIM as an educational institution, research and development in the field of Arabic language communication.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree with honours with a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 or equivalent from the University or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- In case the CGPA does not meet the requirement of 2.50/4.00, the selection will subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- The number of credit hours for the relevant bachelor’s degree and advanced diploma shall be as follows: (a) bachelor’s degree ≥ 120 credit hours (b) advanced diploma ≥ 90 credit hours
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).