Overview of Doctor of Philosophy in Law in University of Islamic Sciences Malaysia Malaysia
- A relevant Master’s degree by Coursework or Mixed Mode with a minimum CGPA of 2.75/4.00 or equivalent from the University or any other institutions of higher learningrecognised by the Senate; or
- A relevant Master’s degree by Research recognised by the Senate; or
- Other relevant qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree AND with relevant professional experience recognised by the Senate; or
- Incumbent Master’s degree Student who has fulfilled the requirement of Regulations 8.0 and is approved by the JKPSU and the consent of the Senate to convert his/her study to a Ph.D. degree; or
- In case the CGPA does not meet the requirement, the selection will subject to a rigorous internal assessment by the faculty along with an endorsement by the Senate.
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).