|Study Mode||FULL TIME|
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences conducts a six-year undergraduate educational programme leading to the degree of ‘Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery’, MBBS (USIM) to its successful candidates. Basically, the program is divided into two equal phases, namely, pre-clinical and clinical phases with Islamic input integrated throughout the six-year program. The courses are designed to help students develop the requisite knowledge base and rationale they will need for clinical patient care.
The Medical Program of the faculty spans over a period of 6 years. The majority of the students will be from Pusat Tamhidi USIM, which conducts a one-year Medical Matriculation program. The academic session in each year is divided into two semesters. There are 15 weeks of academic session in each semester in year 1 and year 2 and 16 weeks per semester in year 3.The duration of each semester in the clinical phase (year 4,5 and 6) depends on the duration of the postings.
(1) Pass the Medical, Dental and Science Tamhidi program with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 and above;
(2) Obtained at least a CGPA of 3.00 at the Tamhidi level in each of the following subjects:
(3) Obtained at least Grade B at SPM level in the following subjects:
(4) Obtained at least Level 3 (Band 3) in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET);
(5) Pass the interview screening;
(6) All applicants shall declare if they have been found:
(7) A person who has one of the following is not eligible for a medical program:
Failure to declare information that has an influence on the appropriateness of students in medical practice may result in termination of further studies due to honesty, integrity and good health are important characteristics of a physician and medical student.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants shall show evidence of proficiency in ENGLISH LANGUAGE* based on the following criteria:
Applicants shall show evidence of proficiency in ARABIC LANGUAGE based on the following criteria: