Overview of Bachelor of Banking in Universiti Utara Malaysia UUM Malaysia
The Bachelor of Banking programme is aimed at producing graduates with analytical outlook and innovative bent of mind who can meet the much needed talent requirement of the financial system of the country and contribute to its overall development in general, and the banking system in particular. Bachelor of Banking programme is industry-relevant and recognized by the distinct professional body for the banking and financial services industry in Malaysia, Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB).
- Senior High School/Senior Secondary School/Other Certificates from the government schools with the period of at least 11 to 12 years of study from Primary to Higher Secondary (the cetificate is valid for 5 years from the year of Higher Secondary Examination)
any other certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the university.
- Pass the English Language requirement as determinated by the academic programmes
obtain a certificate from any Countries with English Language of instruction in their educational system. The countries include Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Island, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S Virgin Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
any other English Language certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the university.
- Applicant must have a credit pass in Mathematics or equivalent and English Languages to apply the undergraduate programme.
- Applicant must not be less than 18 but not more than 25 years old before the deadline of application submission .
- The university does not recognize all types of certificate issued by private schools and colleges.
- Applicants from countries which required them to pass the university entrance examination have to submit the result of this examination together with their applications forms.
- Applicant should note that the fulfillment of the minimum entrance alone does not guarantee admission to the University.
If students do not meet any of the above English requirements, they must sit for the Intensive English class as a preparatory course, which will be conducted by the Professional Development Unit (PDU) of School of Languages, Civilization and Philosophy (SLCP) and subsequently get the minimum band required in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET).
Intensive English Course will be offered three (3) times a year for 2 year period, which will be in the month of September, February and June. Students are required to register and follow the Intensive English Course before sitting for the MUET test.