Overview of Master in Strategic Human Resource Management in Universiti Tun Abdul Razak Malaysia
The Master in Strategic Human Resource Management programme prepares graduates to be human resource managers who are capable of formulating human resource strategies that promote sustainable growth and development of expertise in organisations.
- To enable graduates to articulate and apply human resource management theories and adopt the principles and best practices relevant to their organisation.
- To enable graduates to perform as effective human capital managers in both public and private sectors.
- To enable graduates to formulate, communicate, and implement strategic thinking processes involving cross-cultural communication and sensitivity to the needs of different cultures.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge in the areas of human resource management for both localised setting and international environment.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant expertise and skills to provide leadership in strategic human resource management.
- Ability to engage in strategic and critical thinking with analytical, evaluative, and problem solving skills when making strategic human resource management decisions.
- Ability to engage in effective cross-cultural communication skills and sensitive to social responsibility in a multicultural setting.
- Ability to articulate ethical issues in strategic human resource management as well as to provide leadership in social responsibility.
- Ability to lead and engage in lifelong learning at individual, group, and institutional levels.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the University Senate; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 2 Years working experience in relevant field; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- All applicants are required to attain any of the following before they are accepted for admission into the programme;
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in the international English Language Testing Systems (IELTS); Or
- A minimum score of 550 for a paper based –based total or 80 for an internet based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); Or
- A Recognised first degree undertaken in English Medium ; Or
Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade B2 (162) conducted by the Centre of English Language (CEL) Within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
NOTE: The validity period of TOEFL and IELTS is TWO (2) years from the date of the award.