Doctor Of Philosophy Phd In Malaysia
The Doctor of Philosophy programme aims to nurture graduates to be researchers and scholars who are capable of generating critical, creative, and original research ideas and formulating theoretical propositions for an extensive academic research in the business and management discipline that leads to a significant contribution to academia, industry, and society.
- To encourage and guide students to pursue research which advances knowledge and discipline with relevant research skills;
- To equip students with various research methods and forms of enquiry to explore the frontiers of knowledge in the field of business and management research;
- To enhance students’ effectiveness in articulating and communicating research findings in both oral presentations and reports.
A Master’s degree from Universiti Tun Abdul Razak or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning recognised by the Malaysian Government or any other equivalent qualification recognised by the University Senate.
- There shall be no direct entry from bachelor’s degree level to doctoral degree level.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree qualifications may apply to convert their candidacy to the doctoral degree programmes after a year enrollment of master’s degree subjected to:
- Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at doctoral degree level;
- Rigorous internal assessment by the University;
- Approval by the University Senate
All applicants are required to attain any of the followings before they are accepted for admission into the programme:
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- A minimum score of 550 for a paper-based total or 80 for an Internet based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- A minimum of Grade C in First Cambridge English (FCE) minimum scale 169, or B2 in CEFR, or Pearson Test of English (PTE 50-58) as required proficiency; or
- A recognized first degree undertaken in English medium; or
- Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade C (169) conducted by the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
Note: The validity period for IELTS and TOEFL is two years from the date awarded.