Overview of Master in Philosophy Bio-process Engineering in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Malaysia
Bioprocess engineering in general is the essential field for many food, chemical and pharmaceutical industries as well as for development of enormous range of commercial products. Hence, the in-depth knowledge in bioprocess engineering related areas, research experience and soft skill development will be acquired through this Masters and Doctor of philosophy programme.
- Advanced knowledge in the field of study
- Enhanced Research skills
- Enhanced soft skill and interpersonal skill
- Excellent academic supervisors
- Total campus experience in Research University
Areas of research
Bioprocessing, bioreactor design, fermentation technology, enzyme technology, genetic engineering, cell culture, food technology, food packaging, plant extraction, herbal technology, bioseparation process and technology, biofuel, environmental biotechnology, cosmeceutical, proteomic, nutraceutical, bioconversion process, bioproduct development, metabolomics, etc..
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
|| Graduates are able to apply advanced knowledge in bioprocess engineering related areas.
||Graduates are able to design and manage scientific research using acceptable methodologies through effective thinking skills.
||Graduates are able to analyze and evaluate critically problems in related areas through effective thinking skills and the application of appropriate tools and techniques.
||Graduates are able to demonstrate technical findings in both written and oral forms effectively.
||Graduates are able to adapt intellectual honesty and integrity in performing scientific work.
- University elective
- Research methodology
- MKKB Research
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor Degree in Bioprocess Engineering with CGPA at least 3.0/4.0 (or equivalent) from a Recognised Higher Learning Institution. For those having CGPA less than 3.0, the UTM entry qualification will be followed.
- Candidate holding a Bachelor Degree in other engineering or science disciplines may also apply. The requirement for taking certain courses will be determined by the Faculty after considering the suggestion by his/her supervisor (s). Supervisor needs to propose the list of courses to be taken by a student during the process of evaluating the student’s application.