Overview of Bachelor of Science Industrial Mathematics with Honours in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Malaysia
The objectives of the Bachelor of Science (Industrial Mathematics) programme are to provide the knowledge, skills and attributes that should be achieved by the graduates for a successful career. It is therefore anticipated that, graduates of the program will
- become competent professionals in mathematics working in related industries.
- progress professionally with proficient soft skills.
- have high standard of ethical conduct, positive outlook, and societal responsibilities.
Fulfil all university requirements and the following programme requirements:
Matriculation/STPM/ with a minimum CGPA of 2.80 AND a minumum Grade B in Mathematics AND a minimum Grade B- in ONE (1) of the science subjects.
Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 from a recognized institution with at least a credit in Mathematics at SPM level.
Graduates of this programme can work as
- Quality assurance manager, production control engineer and planning officer in industries such as manufacturing, telecommunications and oil & gas.
- Statisticians, operations research analysts, sales and marketing executives in service industries.
- Financial executives in financial institutions.
- Administrative officers in public and private sectors.
- Academicians and researchers in academic and research institutions.